Best V8 wrapper!

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Edited Jun 1, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I have tried all the v8 wrappers out there for .net and this is the best one so far. I tested underscore.js with some code and worked like a charm. Love the console debug error messages. Can't wait for the Mono port!
Coordinator
Jun 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Edited Jun 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Wow, thanks for the kind words! ;) Honestly, I never tried running any 3rd party scripts in the wrapper other than the test scripts I built to make sure the system functions the same as within Chrome (I compared the wrappers console functionality with the console in Chrome). I figured if at least the basics are working correctly, things should work as expected - glad I was able to hit the target with simple careful planning. 8)

I'm spending a lot of time now on the performance of the system and I've been able to increased it thus far. I have some simple garbage collection and performance testing scripts now that can be run from the console and will post a new release soon. I plan to use the wrapper for another project and performance is important to me. :)

BTW: I'll also be looking into the WebRTC SDK in the near future as well to help support networkable servers that are compatible to the supported browsers (currently Chrome and Firefox).

-jw
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2013 at 2:42 PM
FYI: rryk is working on a mono integration here: https://github.com/rryk/v8dotnet-mono/tree/develop
Aug 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I saw that...sweet!